Saturday, February 6, 2010

D- Day

I leave tomorrow!!!! It's been 7 weeks since I left NYU and have been chillin' in good ole Flint, Michigan. I'm dealing with a lot of mixed emotions- What if they don't understand me? What if I don't understand them? What if no one likes me? I feel similar to how I did before college, except for a few differences. For the next four months, I'm going to be in a completely different country and climate, living in a language that is foreign to me, and trying to enjoy as much of it as I can, while only having a limited amount of time to really adjust and ward of culture shock. Part of me wishes one of my friends was coming to Buenos Aires with me, but I know that would only stifle me. Sometimes ya just gotta go for it and oh baby am I goin' for it.

The Spanish is really what scares me the most, but this is exactly what I signed up for. It's going to be a rough first week, but after that I have a feeling things will ease up, and frases will flow more smoothly.

For now, I'm off to my last meeting, last trip to Target, and last meal at Starlight. I need to finish packing my LIFE into a little tiny suitcase (okay, its huge but still...) and just enjoy the English before I spend the next 24 hours in transit. Hasta pronto!

1 comment: